Dr. Arash E. Zaghi received his PhD in Civil Engineering from the University of Nevada, Reno, where he worked on the seismic behavior of novel bridge column and connection details. After graduating, he stayed with UNR as a Research Scientist to oversee two major research projects involving system-level shake table experiments. He is a recent recipient of the National Science Foundation's CAREER Award. This prestigious award will support him in pursuing his goal of promoting innovation by increasing neurodiversity in engineering.
- Application of novel materials and systems for multi-hazard mitigation
- Design of bridges for extreme events such as earthquakes, blasts, and truck fires
- Innovative repair techniques for aging bridges
- Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC)
- System-level, large-scale structural experiments
- Seismic design of structural/nonstructural components
- Nurturing creativity in engineering education
- UConn PhD student takes 2nd place in NSF pitch competition
- Student Engineers Monitoring System for Bridges
- NPR: UConn Researchers Say Super-Strong Concrete Could Be a Fix for Nation's Bridge Problems
- Four Engineering Faculty Receive Early Career Awards
- UConn Professor works to Engineer ADHD Success
- Impulsive Ingenuity
- Engineers develop bridge columns to withstand earthquakes, explosions
- Research Validates Promising Bridge Repair Method
- Engineering Research Assesses Bridge Resilience
- S&T Fellow Tests Innovative Bridge Repair Method
UConn Engineering News
New faculty for this year come from all over the country, including Michigan State, University of California-Santa Cruz, and Penn State, and include a . . .
Published: Aug 29, 2022
At the end of the Spring 2022 semester, the UConn Formula SAE team placed in the top ten of multiple different categories in the national Formula SAE . . .
Published: Aug 18, 2022
The University of Connecticut School of Engineering Professional Education Program and the Computer Science and Engineering Department announce the la . . .
Published: Jun 27, 2022